USA: Suiza Foods Corporation settles New England investigation
Suiza Foods Corporation (NYSE: SZA), the nation's leading dairy processor, announced yesterday that it has settled the antitrust investigation conducted by the Attorneys General of the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. The investigation, which began in March 2000, arose in connection with a long- term supply agreement between Suiza and The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company and an agreement to sell certain of Stop & Shop's dairy processing assets to Suiza. The settlement preserves intact the existing long-term supply agreement enabling Suiza to continue to provide dairy products to all of Stop & Shop's stores in New England.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China