USA: Suiza - swallowing Dean Foods - COMMENT
Suiza Foods has made a bid for Dean Foods. The biggest US dairy processor and distributor, Suiza Foods, has offered $1.5 billion for its largest rival, Dean Foods. Dean has not been faring well recently, but the huge synergies expected from the deal should be enough to make up for any difficulties bringing it back to health. Suffering from increasing competition, rising costs and technological difficulties, Dean Foods announced in March that it had hired Goldman Sachs to analyze its strategic options. Suiza Foods, eager to take on board its largest rival, made a $1.5 billion bid for the company and agreed to take on $1 billion in debt. The combined company would make $10 billion annually from the sale of milk and dairy products across the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins