USA: Suiza - swallowing Dean Foods - COMMENT
Suiza Foods has made a bid for Dean Foods. The biggest US dairy processor and distributor, Suiza Foods, has offered $1.5 billion for its largest rival, Dean Foods. Dean has not been faring well recently, but the huge synergies expected from the deal should be enough to make up for any difficulties bringing it back to health. Suffering from increasing competition, rising costs and technological difficulties, Dean Foods announced in March that it had hired Goldman Sachs to analyze its strategic options. Suiza Foods, eager to take on board its largest rival, made a $1.5 billion bid for the company and agreed to take on $1 billion in debt. The combined company would make $10 billion annually from the sale of milk and dairy products across the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group