CANADA: Sun-Rype reports 3rd successive year of record earnings
Lawrence Bates, President and CEO of Sun- Rype Products Ltd., announces 2000 earnings of $4.9 million compared to earnings of $3.9 million in 1999. Excluding a gain of $835,000 on the recent sale of the US Fruit to Go trademark, comparable earnings before income taxes increased 5% over 1999. "This is our 3rd year in a row of record earnings", says Bates. "We achieved this despite lower apple juice sales, a consequence of the low volume 1999 apple crop. We continue to diversify our product mix and are increasingly less impacted by commodity cycles. Sales of Fruit to Go and Energy to Go 100% all natural fruit snacks continue to expand successfully across the country."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry