CANADA: Sun-Rype reports 3rd successive year of record earnings
Lawrence Bates, President and CEO of Sun- Rype Products Ltd., announces 2000 earnings of $4.9 million compared to earnings of $3.9 million in 1999. Excluding a gain of $835,000 on the recent sale of the US Fruit to Go trademark, comparable earnings before income taxes increased 5% over 1999. "This is our 3rd year in a row of record earnings", says Bates. "We achieved this despite lower apple juice sales, a consequence of the low volume 1999 apple crop. We continue to diversify our product mix and are increasingly less impacted by commodity cycles. Sales of Fruit to Go and Energy to Go 100% all natural fruit snacks continue to expand successfully across the country."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods