CANADA: Sun-Rype reports 3rd successive year of record earnings
Lawrence Bates, President and CEO of Sun- Rype Products Ltd., announces 2000 earnings of $4.9 million compared to earnings of $3.9 million in 1999. Excluding a gain of $835,000 on the recent sale of the US Fruit to Go trademark, comparable earnings before income taxes increased 5% over 1999. "This is our 3rd year in a row of record earnings", says Bates. "We achieved this despite lower apple juice sales, a consequence of the low volume 1999 apple crop. We continue to diversify our product mix and are increasingly less impacted by commodity cycles. Sales of Fruit to Go and Energy to Go 100% all natural fruit snacks continue to expand successfully across the country."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre