CANADA: SunOpta exec takes UK food promo role
UK food promoter Food from Britain has appointed former SunOpta executive Doug Robertson as its sales and marketing chief for North America.
Roberston will take up his role as vice president for sales and marketing on Monday (1 October). FFB pointed to Roberston's 30 years in the food industry and roles at Kraft Foods, Lindt and SunOpta.
Simon Waring, FFB marketing and International management director at FFB, said the company was looking to beef up its presence in Canada.
"Doug's experience with companies large and small will be a great asset and will make a real difference in helping exporters either enter the market or further grow profitable business," Waring said.
US food giant Kraft is building on its Dairylea Dunkers convenience offering with the launch of a nachos variant....
US food giant Kraft Foods is spending GBP4.5m (US$9m) on a media campaign to push its most popular biscuit brand Oreo in the UK....
Kraft Foods is strengthening its Toblerone range with the launch of a 35g Fruit and Nut countline, supported by a GBP4m (US$8m) marketing campaign....
SunOpta, the Canadian natural and organic food group has announced the final stage of its acquisition of Dutch ingredients supplier, The Organic Corporation....
Kraft Foods has appointed Michael Osanloo as executive vice president of strategy to start mid-April....
Canadian natural and organic food group SunOpta is to set up a joint venture with Colorado Mills to run a vegetable oil refining facility in Colorado....
As Fairtrade Fortnight draws to a close, we take a look at the ever-growing interest from consumers and major corporations in the category. This week, we have also seen Nestle invest in frozen food in...
SunOpta has issued an update regarding the potential impact on existing 2007 quarterly financial statements of the overstatement of inventories at its berry division....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report