CANADA: SunOpta predicts profit fall amid berry probe
SunOpta has predicted a fall in first-quarter earnings after the company told the US share watchdog that its outstanding quarterly reports will be further delayed by an ongoing probe into its berry operations.
As previously disclosed, certain errors in the costing of inventory at its berry operations led the Canada-based firm to conclude quarterly reports issued throughout 2007 "should no longer be relied upon".
The company's audit committee has initiated an investigation into the accounting issues at SunOpta's berry operations and has retained independent legal counsel and accountants to assist in this matter.
In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, SunOpta said it is delaying the quarterly report until it has completed the restatement process and it has completed its investigation.
SunOpta forecast a decline in net earnings for the first quarter, due in part to professional fees to deal with the ongoing investigation.
The company also expects lower earnings from its berry operations due to write-downs in the business.
Canada-based organic foods producer SunOpta yesterday (5 November) said Steve Bromley will now stay on as CEO....
Canada-based organic foods producer SunOpta saw earnings fall for the first nine months of 2008, despite a rise in sales....
SunOpta has announced the approval of its shareholder rights plan by the company's board of directors....
SunOpta, the Canadian food group, is to embark on an internal strategic review in a bid to "enhance shareholder value", the company said today (4 September)....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report