JAPAN: Suntory confirms shake-up, plans "aggressive" M&A
Suntory will target M&A with its new structure
Suntory Holdings has confirmed plans for a major shake-up, including a raft of new executive appointments and a more "aggressive" M&A strategy.
In a statement today (18 December), the Osaka-headquartered group said it will strengthen its corporate planning and admin system by setting up a strategy planning and finance division for its food and beverage division. A separate new strategy development department will also promote the group's M&A strategy "more aggressively", it said.
The statement did not refer to plans to raise up to US$6bn by selling shares in its beverage and food division, as reported last week. The group did not deny the plans, but said nothing is confirmed.
The company said today it will also look to speed up the development of its drinks and food business in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, by placing this part of the business under the control of its international division.
Suntory also announced the retirement of eight executives, as well as new appointments and job roles in its beverage and food division, and its liquor unit.
The changes will take effect on 1 January.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights