Suntory to expand Ribena candy in Asia
Suntory expanding Ribena in Asia
Suntory Beverage & Food plans to increase distribution of Ribena branded confectionery and drink products in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.
Suntory took control of the Ribena brand in 2013 and the company said it now plans to build Ribena's presence in Asian retail channels.
As part of this drive, Suntory has reached an agreement with DKSH that will see the market expansion services group provide distribution, logistics, field marketing and credit and collection services to the Ribena brand across retail channels.
"We aim to leverage on DKSH's solid organisation and strong capabilities along the value chain, most notably its supply chain and commercial strengths. The collaboration is a next step in further enhancing the availability and visibility of our products in the retail channels," said Kosuke Fujishima, head of regional corporate planning and director, Suntory Beverage & Food Malaysia."
"Suntory's commitment to the people in Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong remains steadfast, especially in providing even better products and services through improved delivery time and communication," Fujishima added.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast