CHINA: Super Coffeemix in JV with China Lifestyle
Super Coffeemix, the Singapore-based instant coffee producer, is to form a joint venture with China Lifestyle, a dessert manufacturer, to market snackfoods in China.
The US$5m joint venture will be based in Tianjin and will produce and market products such as potato chips.
David Teo, chairman of Super Coffeemix, said: "There are significant opportunities for a new local entrant to explore the chip market. We have experience in making chips and China Lifestyle has a strong brand name; we believe this is a good tie-up."
With the Chinese snack market reaching around CNY25.2bn (US3.17bn) in 2005, the companies are aiming for the new venture to achieve annual sales of CNY1bn within five years.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund