HOLLAND: Super de Boer sales rising
Dutch food retailer Laurus NV's flagship Super de Boer supermarket brand boosted like-for-like sales by 3.3% in both the second and third quarters of this year, when compared with the same period last year.
The chain's like-for-like sales had decreased by 1.9% in the first quarter of 2006 before showing recovery over the past few quarters, which have also seen the sale of Laurus units Edah and Konmar.
The retailer's 41 Konmar stores were sold to Ahold and Jumbo Supermarkten for a combined total of EUR133m (US$171.12) in May, while Laurus reached an agreement in principle with a number of supermarket organisations, including BV Sperwer Holding and CoopCodis Holding BV, on the transfer of the 43 Edah franchisees for EUR26m in August.
These disposals were described as a fundamental change of strategy for Laurus as it continued forward with one format - Super de Boer.
However, the company's shares rose yesterday (10 October) at news that Sperwer Holding had expressed interest in buying the Super de Boer chain itself.
Dutch retailer Royal Ahold has declined to comment on rumours that it is eyeing the acquisition of Hema, in a deal valued at about EUR1bn (US$1.34bn). The retail group told just-food today (5 April) t...
Ahold shares have risen to their highest levels since 2003, boosted by renewed speculation that private equity interests are preparing a takeover move for the Dutch retailer....
Laurus NV is to dispose of 15 stores to its Dutch retail competitor Jumbo Supermarkten BV in a deal worth around EUR16m (US$21.4m). The move is part of Laurus' restructuring programme....
Royal Ahold, the world's fourth largest food retailer, said its fourth quarter profits more than doubled on a tax rebate and lower interest costs....
Royal Ahold plans to define and implement a more selective criteria-based policy to regiment its food purchases in a new anti-obesity drive to reduce the number of high fat content products sold throu...
Shares in Royal Ahold, the world's fourth largest food retailer by sales, have gained today (15 March) amid reports that a merger with Belgium's Delhaize could be on the cards....
The European Commission said today (14 March) that it has delayed its competition review of Carrefour's proposed acquisition of Royal Ahold's Polish operations....
Dutch supermarket operator Laurus today (2 March) posted its third straight net loss of EUR45m (US$59.48m) from EUR66m the previous year. Laurus said that in the coming fiscal it anticipates losses to...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report