ISRAEL: Super-Sol makes provisions for store closures
Israeli supermarket operator Super-Sol has said it expects to set aside between NIS60m and NIS70m (US$13.3m-15.5m) in its third-quarter financial report to cover 18 store closures.
The company said the provisions will cover the decrease in the company's assets, as well as providing for 480 layoffs, reported Dow Jones International News.
The new management of Super-Sol are currently undertaking a recovery plan aimed at reversing the retailer's recent losses.
Super-Sol posted losses in the first and second quarters of this year. Its third-quarter financial report is due to be released in early November.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry