UK: Supermarket chain Budgens acquires four-store strong Sewards group
UK supermarket chain Budgens acquired Sewards just a short time before Christmas. Based in Berkshire the four grocery stores in the Sewards group will be bolstered the Budgens portfolio after they are renovated, and reopened with Budgen's fascia. A spokesman commented: "We are sure the acquisition of the Sewards group will make an extremely valuable addition to our network of stores."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex