UK: Supermarket chain Budgens acquires four-store strong Sewards group
UK supermarket chain Budgens acquired Sewards just a short time before Christmas. Based in Berkshire the four grocery stores in the Sewards group will be bolstered the Budgens portfolio after they are renovated, and reopened with Budgen's fascia. A spokesman commented: "We are sure the acquisition of the Sewards group will make an extremely valuable addition to our network of stores."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations