UK: Supermarket chain Budgens acquires four-store strong Sewards group
UK supermarket chain Budgens acquired Sewards just a short time before Christmas. Based in Berkshire the four grocery stores in the Sewards group will be bolstered the Budgens portfolio after they are renovated, and reopened with Budgen's fascia.
A spokesman commented: "We are sure the acquisition of the Sewards group will make an extremely valuable addition to our network of stores."
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods