VIETNAM: Supermarket plans first e-commerce facility in Vietnam
Vietnamese consumers could see the first local e-commerce fully established by 2004, as a development project is launched by supermarket group Saigon Co-op and supported by the Ho Chi Minh City government. Ngo Duong Hoang Thao, acting director general of contract software creator SDC, a joint venture created in 1998 by SpaceBel of Belgium, Saigon Postel and the Vietnam Information Technology Sub-institute, told the Saigon Times Daily: "This is a first for a supermarket in Vietnam. The e-commerce project has investment capital of VNÐ1.038bn (US$67,750), one-tenth that for a similar project in Europe."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund