VIETNAM: Supermarket plans first e-commerce facility in Vietnam
Vietnamese consumers could see the first local e-commerce fully established by 2004, as a development project is launched by supermarket group Saigon Co-op and supported by the Ho Chi Minh City government. Ngo Duong Hoang Thao, acting director general of contract software creator SDC, a joint venture created in 1998 by SpaceBel of Belgium, Saigon Postel and the Vietnam Information Technology Sub-institute, told the Saigon Times Daily: "This is a first for a supermarket in Vietnam. The e-commerce project has investment capital of VNÐ1.038bn (US$67,750), one-tenth that for a similar project in Europe."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin