ROMANIA: Supermarket purchases increase hold on household budgets
Purchases made in supermarkets accounted for 6% of the average Romanian household's expenditure in 2001, three times that recorded in 1998. Presenting the figures yesterday [Tuesday], Andi Dumitrescu, research director of the market researcher GfK Romania, added that sales of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) dropped by 13% in the country over the same 1998 to 2001 period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival