FRANCE: Supermarket sales in October increased 3.3% year-on-year
Supermarket sales in France rose 3.3% in October and hypermarket sales rose 4% compared with the same period last year. The FCD French retailers federation, which provided the figures, said the increases were a reflection of good business linked to promotional activity. Parapharmacy, perfume and personal hygiene, textile and multi-media products all performed well, while seafood and pastries were the best-performing food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery