CHILE: Supermarket sales stagnate
In spite of the fact that Chile's economic recovery gained momentum this year, no significant gains were noted in food sales. Cumulative growth in supermarket sales for the first 10 months of the year was 0.3%. With the exception of September, sales declined from April through October. In October, sales were 2.3% lower than the same month one year earlier. Sales declines were most pronounced for perishables (-7.9%) and dry goods (-6.5%).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail