US: Supervalu again shakes up exec team
US retailer Supervalu has continued to reshuffle its management team with the appointment of Brian Huff to a newly-created position.
Huff, president of the retailer's Cub Foods division, is to take up the role of senior vice president of specialty retail, Supervalu.
The appointment came just a week after CEO Craig Herkert took on the additional role of president.
Peter Van Helden, executive vice president of retail west, has become executive vice president, retail operations.
The company has also created a new health and wellness division to be led by Duncan Mac Naughton, executive vice president of merchandising and marketing.
"Huff's appointment further solidifies the important partnership between Supervalu's retail, merchandising and marketing groups. Strengthening the critical relationship between these operations allows Supervalu to better anticipate and respond to the changing needs of consumers," the company said.
A successor to Huff at Cub Foods will be named "at a later date", the retailer added.
From the enthusiastic boss of US retailer Supervalu Inc Craig Herkert to the ambitious Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke, we have heard from a number of bosses this week on their growth prospects and fight to be...
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc has appointed three executives as it announced it is on track to deliver full-year earnings guidance....
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc said it is on track to deliver full-year earnings guidance as it reporting a third-quarter profit today (12 January)....
US supermarket operator Supervalu Inc has appointed Steve Jungmann to the post of EVP for merchandising....
In food retail, 2009 was the year of the value message. As ever in an increasingly competitive environment, there have been winners and losers. Here is just-food's take on the food retailers that have...
US retailer Winn-Dixie has added ex-Supervalu Inc and Ahold executive Jim Smits to its management team....
The question marks hanging over attempts by US retailers to run smaller, urban stores successfully have grown after Supervalu Inc decided to shut down an outlet in Chicago....
US supermarket group Supervalu said it plans to double the size of its underperforming discount chain Save-a-Lot over the next five years....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report