US: Supervalu announces Jewel-Osco job cuts
Jewel-Osco stores will have one director
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc plans to streamline the management structure of its Jewel-Osco business, with the loss of 110 jobs.
The group is reducing the number of store directors at Jewel-Osco by unifying its food and pharmaceuticals operations, a spokesperson for the company told just-food.
“Historically, Jewel-Osco has operated its retail locations with two store directors — one to manage the Jewel food side of the business and another to handle Osco drug operations. The company will move to a new structure in which the standard will include a single store director who is responsible for the entire store operation,” the spokesperson explained.
“Jewel-Osco has realigned its store leadership model to become more efficient and competitive in the marketplace,” the spokesperson added.
Two UK household food brands found new owners this week, with the sales of the Rachel's organic dairy business and canned tuna maker John West. In France, frozen-food retailer Picard was snapped in an...
First-half and quarterly results continued to filter out this week, with CEOs and CFOs attempting to mitigate some less than impressive expected results by looking to "long-term strategies." Here's th...
Supervalu Inc has announced that CFO Pamela Knous has decided to leave the company....
US hard discounter Save-A-Lot has entered a partnership with a Hispanic grocery operator to form a new company called Adventure Supermarkets....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review