US: Supervalu calls for private-label innovation
Supervalu is preparing to call on packaging suppliers to bring innovation to the private-label sector and form closer ties with retailers in order to improve private label products.
Andrew Abraham, vice president of own brands for Supervalu, will emphasise the need for innovation in the private label market when he delivers his keynote speech at Pack Expo in October.
In his presentation, Abraham will explore four "key areas" of opportunity where the private brand industry and the packaging supply chain can unite for success: "packaging for retail efficiency", "packaging for communication effectiveness", "packaging for brand positioning" and "differentiation and mainstreaming sustainability".
The discussion will focus on the need for greater strategic alliances between private brand suppliers and manufacturers to provide joint solutions that bring value to retailers through labour savings.
These stronger relationships will also result in packaging that helps boost a retailer's brand image oand enhance the consumer shopping experience.
Abraham will emphasise that private brands are currently focusing on strategic design to project brand personality, effectively communicate value and compete with quality perceptions of national brands.
US retailer Family Dollar Stores has intends to increase its private-label sales and penetration, particularly in key food and consumables categories....
US private-label food maker TreeHouse Foods today (11 February) called 2010 "a year of opportunity" for the business and forecast strong growth for own label....
US private-label manufacturer Ralcorp Holdings has posted a 2% rise in quarterly profits after gains from recent acquisition Harvest Manor Farms....
Swedish retailer Axfood has announced the appointment of Ola Andersson as president of its Hemköp retail banner....
US canned fruit and vegetable manufacturer Seneca Foods has posted a jump in third-quarter earnings despite a drop in sales....
Former Nestle executive Julie Dexter Berg has been named chief marketing officer at US retail giant Supervalu Inc....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits