US: Supervalu calls for private-label innovation
Supervalu is preparing to call on packaging suppliers to bring innovation to the private-label sector and form closer ties with retailers in order to improve private label products.
Andrew Abraham, vice president of own brands for Supervalu, will emphasise the need for innovation in the private label market when he delivers his keynote speech at Pack Expo in October.
In his presentation, Abraham will explore four "key areas" of opportunity where the private brand industry and the packaging supply chain can unite for success: "packaging for retail efficiency", "packaging for communication effectiveness", "packaging for brand positioning" and "differentiation and mainstreaming sustainability".
The discussion will focus on the need for greater strategic alliances between private brand suppliers and manufacturers to provide joint solutions that bring value to retailers through labour savings.
These stronger relationships will also result in packaging that helps boost a retailer's brand image oand enhance the consumer shopping experience.
Abraham will emphasise that private brands are currently focusing on strategic design to project brand personality, effectively communicate value and compete with quality perceptions of national brands.
US retailer Family Dollar Stores has intends to increase its private-label sales and penetration, particularly in key food and consumables categories....
US private-label food maker TreeHouse Foods today (11 February) called 2010 "a year of opportunity" for the business and forecast strong growth for own label....
US private-label manufacturer Ralcorp Holdings has posted a 2% rise in quarterly profits after gains from recent acquisition Harvest Manor Farms....
Swedish retailer Axfood has announced the appointment of Ola Andersson as president of its Hemköp retail banner....
US canned fruit and vegetable manufacturer Seneca Foods has posted a jump in third-quarter earnings despite a drop in sales....
Former Nestle executive Julie Dexter Berg has been named chief marketing officer at US retail giant Supervalu Inc....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report