USA: SUPERVALU completes acquisition of Deal$
Minneapolis-based SUPERVALU, one of the largest companies in the US grocery channel, has completed its acquisition of Deal$ - Nothing Over a Dollar, a general merchandise retailer specialising in single price point merchandise. At closing, St. Louis-based Deal$ operated 53 stores across eight Midwestern states, supported by one primary distribution center in Illinois.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs