USA: SUPERVALU completes acquisition of Deal$
Minneapolis-based SUPERVALU, one of the largest companies in the US grocery channel, has completed its acquisition of Deal$ - Nothing Over a Dollar, a general merchandise retailer specialising in single price point merchandise. At closing, St. Louis-based Deal$ operated 53 stores across eight Midwestern states, supported by one primary distribution center in Illinois.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant