USA: Supervalu, Fleming vie for Big/Super Kmart supply contract
Fleming Cos. and Supervalu Inc., both already Kmart suppliers, are vying for a deal to procure and distribute the whole Kmart Corp. enchilada -- all the grocery and consumable merchandise for the Big Kmart and Super Kmart stores. In a rare grocery trade public relations moment, the two contenders are airing some of their bargaining chips in an effort to win Kmart's primary supply contract. It could be worth an estimated $3.7 billion in annual revenues, but neither contender is revealing the terms of its bid.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'