USA: Supervalu, Fleming vie for Big/Super Kmart supply contract
Fleming Cos. and Supervalu Inc., both already Kmart suppliers, are vying for a deal to procure and distribute the whole Kmart Corp. enchilada -- all the grocery and consumable merchandise for the Big Kmart and Super Kmart stores. In a rare grocery trade public relations moment, the two contenders are airing some of their bargaining chips in an effort to win Kmart's primary supply contract. It could be worth an estimated $3.7 billion in annual revenues, but neither contender is revealing the terms of its bid.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry