US: Supervalu issues EPS guidance for 2008
The US retail group Supervalu has issued diluted earnings per share guidance, on a GAAP basis, for the 2008 fiscal year. The company said it expected EPS of US$2.58 to $2.77.
The forecast figure includes $0.16 to $0.20 per diluted share of one-time transaction costs and approximately $0.12 per diluted share of expense from the adoption of FAS 123R related to stock option expensing.
The company also affirmed its fiscal 2007 diluted earnings per share guidance, on a GAAP basis, of $2.34 to $2.41.
"We are on track with our transformational acquisition and have made progress on our key milestones in fiscal 2007 and expect to continue this success into fiscal 2008," said chairman and CEO Jeff Noddle. "From a financial standpoint, we expect to deliver double-digit earnings accretion in both fiscal 2007 and fiscal 2008 as we capture the potential of the new Supervalu."
Noddle added that identical store sales had continued to improve, with same-store sales on a combined basis expected to be up 1% in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 which ends on 24 February.
Companies: Supervalu Inc
Supervalu claimed today (24 July) that it had completed its first year as a "retail powerhouse" after posting double-digit earnings growth for its first quarter....
US supermarket giants Safeway, Kroger Co. and Supervalu have a claimed a boost in contract talks with workers in southern California....
Irish retailing combine Musgrave Group has acquired the Northern Irish food wholesaler and cash-and-carry operator J&J Haslett....
Union leaders have reported a high turnout in the vote held on Sunday by grocery workers on whether to take strike action....
Supervalu is mulling an appeal after a US court fined the retailer US$16m for forcing an independent grocer in Virginia out of business....
US retail group Supervalu has promoted Pete Van Helden to the position of executive vice president and president, Retail West....
A union representing grocery workers in southern California has reportedly broken off negotiations with three US supermarket chains....
US retailer Supervalu has upped its earnings forecast for the year ahead after reporting record results over the last 12 months....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report