US: Supervalu names management to lead after Albertson’s acquisition
Supervalu announced yesterday (8 May) that it has appointed several of its executives and some of Albertson's senior management to lead the expanded company after the acquisition of Albertson's is completed.
As previously announced, Jeff Noddle, who has headed Supervalu since 2001, will serve as chairman and chief executive officer.
Other high-profile appointments include Mike Jackson, currently Supervalu president and COO, who will be responsible for Save-A-Lot, supply chain, services and the enterprise office. Pamela Knous, Supervalu executive vice president and CFO, will head finance, information technology and investor relations. David Boehnen, Supervalu EVP, will oversee legal, real estate, corporate development and government affairs. John Hooley will oversee the retail operations of Acme, bigg's, Farm Fresh, Scott's, Shaw's and Shoppers. Duncan Mac Naughton, who is currently executive vice president of merchandising for Albertson's, will coordinate merchandising and marketing.
"We are moving quickly to ensure that the new Supervalu will be a focused organization with a best-in-class management team to capitalize on the enormous opportunity presented by the combination of these two great companies," Noddle.
Companies: Supervalu Inc
Supervalu has announced today the closing of an offering of US$500m in aggregate principal amount of its 7.50% Senior Notes due 2014. The Notes will be senior obligations and rank equally with all of ...
US supermarket chain Supervalu said today (23 October) it plans to periodically sell up to US$500m in senior notes, due 2014....
Supervalu has reported record net sales of US$10.7bn compared to $4.6bn last year for the second quarter of the 2007 financial year, reflecting the acquisition of Albertson's premier retail properties...
Wild Oats Markets has announced that Roger Davidson will join its senior executive team as senior vice president of merchandising and marketing from 30 October....
Supervalu has announced it intends to use cash to meet any obligation to repurchase its zero-coupon senior Liquid Yield Option Notes due 2031....
Los Angeles-based private equity firm Yucaipa has set its sites on acquiring US$680m worth of shares in US supermarket chain Supervalu, the company said....
US retail group Supervalu is to open four new stores under its Save-A-Lot limited assortment grocery brand in the Pacific Northwest in September....
Albertsons Llc has announced that it intends to close 25 Albertsons stores....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review