US: Supervalu poaches former Cadbury exec
Supervalu named former Nestle exec to marketing role in February
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc has appointed former Cadbury executive Wayne Shurts to the post of chief information officer.
Shurts most recently served as global chief information officer at confectioner Cadbury, prior to its acquisition by Kraft Foods.
Prior to joining Cadbury, Shurts spent 20 years at Nabisco, where he held roles of varying responsibility, including VP of sales and operations, VP North American supply chain and VP of e-business.
In his new role at Supervalu, Shurts will lead the company’s IT strategy and project implementation, replacing interim chief information officer Colin Cobain.
He will join Supervalu, which runs banners including Save-a-Lot and Albertsons, on 26 April and report directly to chief executive Craig Herkert.
“Wayne is a strong and proven leader who understands the grocery industry as well as the systems behind supply chain and logistics within retail organizations,” Herkert said.
The battle to buy United Biscuits apparently now has an Eastern flavour....
A final text of a new international anti-counterfeiting trade agreement, dubbed ACTA, has been agreed - protecting food manufacturers against illicit copies through tough criminal penalties for counte...
Kraft Foods said today (5 October) that the opening of a new R&D site in Switzerland to develop gum and candy products will "continue the momentum" the company is enjoying in the snacks category in Eu...
US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc has appointed a president for its Shoppers Food and Pharmacy division....
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV