US: Supervalu poaches former Cadbury exec
Supervalu named former Nestle exec to marketing role in February
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc has appointed former Cadbury executive Wayne Shurts to the post of chief information officer.
Shurts most recently served as global chief information officer at confectioner Cadbury, prior to its acquisition by Kraft Foods.
Prior to joining Cadbury, Shurts spent 20 years at Nabisco, where he held roles of varying responsibility, including VP of sales and operations, VP North American supply chain and VP of e-business.
In his new role at Supervalu, Shurts will lead the company’s IT strategy and project implementation, replacing interim chief information officer Colin Cobain.
He will join Supervalu, which runs banners including Save-a-Lot and Albertsons, on 26 April and report directly to chief executive Craig Herkert.
“Wayne is a strong and proven leader who understands the grocery industry as well as the systems behind supply chain and logistics within retail organizations,” Herkert said.
The battle to buy United Biscuits apparently now has an Eastern flavour....
A final text of a new international anti-counterfeiting trade agreement, dubbed ACTA, has been agreed - protecting food manufacturers against illicit copies through tough criminal penalties for counte...
Kraft Foods said today (5 October) that the opening of a new R&D site in Switzerland to develop gum and candy products will "continue the momentum" the company is enjoying in the snacks category in Eu...
US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc has appointed a president for its Shoppers Food and Pharmacy division....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis