US: Supervalu poaches former Cadbury exec
Supervalu named former Nestle exec to marketing role in February
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc has appointed former Cadbury executive Wayne Shurts to the post of chief information officer.
Shurts most recently served as global chief information officer at confectioner Cadbury, prior to its acquisition by Kraft Foods.
Prior to joining Cadbury, Shurts spent 20 years at Nabisco, where he held roles of varying responsibility, including VP of sales and operations, VP North American supply chain and VP of e-business.
In his new role at Supervalu, Shurts will lead the company’s IT strategy and project implementation, replacing interim chief information officer Colin Cobain.
He will join Supervalu, which runs banners including Save-a-Lot and Albertsons, on 26 April and report directly to chief executive Craig Herkert.
“Wayne is a strong and proven leader who understands the grocery industry as well as the systems behind supply chain and logistics within retail organizations,” Herkert said.
The battle to buy United Biscuits apparently now has an Eastern flavour....
A final text of a new international anti-counterfeiting trade agreement, dubbed ACTA, has been agreed - protecting food manufacturers against illicit copies through tough criminal penalties for counte...
Kraft Foods said today (5 October) that the opening of a new R&D site in Switzerland to develop gum and candy products will "continue the momentum" the company is enjoying in the snacks category in Eu...
US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc has appointed a president for its Shoppers Food and Pharmacy division....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis