USA: SUPERVALU reports mixed fiscal 2002 results
Minneapolis-based retailer SUPERVALU INC. has posted sales of US$20.9bn for fiscal 2002, ended 23 February, down from US$23.2bn last year, excluding the impacts of restructure and other items. Net earnings rose to US$240.7m from US$235.9m in 2001, and diluted earnings per share reached US$1.80 from US$1.78. EBITDA was US$916m, or 4.4% of sales, up 40 basis points, compared to US$921.6m in 2001, 4% of sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales