US: Supervalu to lay off 117 distribution workers
Supervalu confirms redundancies
US retailer Supervalu plans to lay off 117 workers at a Wesconsin distribution centre, the company confirmed yesterday (9 January).
A spokesperson for the group told-just food that the redundancies were connected to its plan to sell the distribution centre, located in Pleasant Prarie, to Meijer. The company originally announced the sale of the site in October.
Supervalu is reportedly nearing a deal that would see Cerberus Capital Management buy some parts of the firm and take a stake in the rest of the company. The group revealed last summer that it is conducting a strategic review of its business in response to falling sales and profits.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units