UK: Support for principles of Zonal Management
The Sea Fish Industry Authority and the Fish Industry Forum have announced their support for the zonal management proposals advocated by UK fishermen's federations as a means of reforming the EU's Common Fisheries Policy.Both organisations reviewed the joint proposal by the Scottish Fishermen's Federation and The National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations - Zonal Management: A new vision for Europe's Fisheries - at recent meetings and have endorsed the principle of decentralised management and wider industry participation.In a statement today, Eric Davey, Chairman of both the Seafish Board and the Fish Industry Forum, said:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning