UK: Support for principles of Zonal Management
The Sea Fish Industry Authority and the Fish Industry Forum have announced their support for the zonal management proposals advocated by UK fishermen's federations as a means of reforming the EU's Common Fisheries Policy.Both organisations reviewed the joint proposal by the Scottish Fishermen's Federation and The National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations - Zonal Management: A new vision for Europe's Fisheries - at recent meetings and have endorsed the principle of decentralised management and wider industry participation.In a statement today, Eric Davey, Chairman of both the Seafish Board and the Fish Industry Forum, said:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund