USA: Supreme beef president announces decision to cease operations
Following is a statement by Steven F. Spiritas, President and Chief Executive Officer of Supreme Beef Processors, Inc. and Supreme Beef Packers, Inc., on the companies' decision to cease operations September 29, 2000."USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service has pursued a campaign of harassment, intimidation and disinformation against our company after we sought legal protection under the law, as is our Constitutional right, in hopes of saving our company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin