USA: SureBeam completes exchange of US$75m debt for SureBeam Stock
San Diego, California-based SureBeam Corporation today [Tuesday] announced that it completed on 13 February the exchange of all of its US$75m of debt with its parent company, Titan Corporation, in accordance with an October 2001 agreement between the two companies. Under the terms of the agreement, Titan exchanged all of SureBeam's US$75m debt for SureBeam common stock at an average price of US$9.54 per share. On 17 October 2001, Titan announced that its Board of Directors had adopted a definitive plan to spin off SureBeam in the form of a tax-free stock dividend to Titan shareholders. The equity Titan received as a result of this exchange is planned to be included in that tax-free stock dividend to Titan shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat