UK: Survey highlights poor hygiene among catering staff
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has published the largest-ever nationwide survey of the food hygiene knowledge of workers in the catering industry - with worrying results. The survey of over 1,000 workers and managers in small independent catering businesses revealed that more than a third of staff (39%) are neglecting to wash their hands after visits to the lavatory whilst at work. The research also demonstrated that half of all those interviewed (53%) did not appear to wash their hands before preparing food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods