CHILE: Survey shows Chile's food shoppers attracted most by low prices
Just 4% of those questioned said they never shopped at supermarkets and 9% did not regularly return to the same store; but for those who did, cleanliness, location and clear aisle signs figured lower down on customers' priority lists. Parking was a significant element, and only 21% said this was of little importance.
When asked to name major supermarkets, Lider and Ekono, both chains owned by the largest Chilean supermarket company Distribucion y Servicio (D&S), were the first to come to 78% and 63% of people's minds respectively.By Steve Anderson, just-food.com correspondent
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast