SWEDEN/FINLAND: Sweden's Axfood fails in bid for Spar Finland chain
Swedish food wholesaler and retailer Axfood said its buyout offer for food discount chain Spar Finland had not attracted enough shareholder support. Axfood had an outstanding offer to buy the Spar stock it did not already own for €27 (US$24.24) per share. When the offer expired on 1 November, however, Axfood had accumulated only 75.2% of the necessary votes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning