SWEDEN/FINLAND: Sweden's Axfood fails in bid for Spar Finland chain
Swedish food wholesaler and retailer Axfood said its buyout offer for food discount chain Spar Finland had not attracted enough shareholder support. Axfood had an outstanding offer to buy the Spar stock it did not already own for €27 (US$24.24) per share. When the offer expired on 1 November, however, Axfood had accumulated only 75.2% of the necessary votes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units