SWEDEN: Swedish Meats losses deepen
Beleaguered leading Swedish abattoir and meat group Swedish Meats said its eight-month loss to August widened to SKr175m compared with a loss of SKr100m in the same period of last year.At the same time the board announced a major management and structural overhaul in a move to stem losses due to internal inefficiencies. The group is the result of a merger of four regional cooperative abattoirs and differences among them have been difficult to overcome. Swedish Meats officically started operations as of Janury of last year. For the full year, the group now is expected to post losses of SKr300m, far below previous forecasts of break-even.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund