SWEDEN: Swedish Meats losses deepen
Beleaguered leading Swedish abattoir and meat group Swedish Meats said its eight-month loss to August widened to SKr175m compared with a loss of SKr100m in the same period of last year.At the same time the board announced a major management and structural overhaul in a move to stem losses due to internal inefficiencies. The group is the result of a merger of four regional cooperative abattoirs and differences among them have been difficult to overcome. Swedish Meats officically started operations as of Janury of last year. For the full year, the group now is expected to post losses of SKr300m, far below previous forecasts of break-even.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid