SWEDEN: Swedish Meats shows dismal first four months figures
Sweden's leading abattoir and meat group, Swedish Meats , is fighting to turn its operations around under new managing director Peter Rasztar. Figures for the first four months show that the group still has a long way to go. Losses after net financial items narrowed only marginally to SKr83.7m from a SKr98m loss in the same period last year. The company did not issue turnover figures. Rasztar described the result as "unsatisfactory", but added recent price hikes in the wake of the foot and mouth disease would show up in earnings later in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves