SWEDEN: Swedish Meats shows dismal first four months figures
Sweden's leading abattoir and meat group, Swedish Meats , is fighting to turn its operations around under new managing director Peter Rasztar. Figures for the first four months show that the group still has a long way to go. Losses after net financial items narrowed only marginally to SKr83.7m from a SKr98m loss in the same period last year. The company did not issue turnover figures. Rasztar described the result as "unsatisfactory", but added recent price hikes in the wake of the foot and mouth disease would show up in earnings later in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry