SWEDEN: Swedish Meats shows dismal first four months figures
Sweden's leading abattoir and meat group, Swedish Meats , is fighting to turn its operations around under new managing director Peter Rasztar. Figures for the first four months show that the group still has a long way to go. Losses after net financial items narrowed only marginally to SKr83.7m from a SKr98m loss in the same period last year. The company did not issue turnover figures. Rasztar described the result as "unsatisfactory", but added recent price hikes in the wake of the foot and mouth disease would show up in earnings later in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs