USA: Allergen Alert: Sweet Candy
Fortuner's Food Co., is recalling 400 packages of Sweet Candy because the product contains undeclared sulfites.People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or of life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.Product was distributed in the New York City area.Sweet Candy is distributed in a 5 oz. plastic bag.The recall was initiated after it was discovered that the product contained sulfites and was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of sulfites. The consumption of 10 milligrams of sulfites per serving has been reported to elicit severe reactions in some people. Anaphylactic shock can occur in certain sulfite sensitive individuals upon ingesting 10 milligrams or more of sulfites. Analysis of the Sweet Candy revealed that it contained 48.4 milligrams per serving.Establishments who have purchased 5 oz. packages of Sweet Candy can return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 718-386-8581.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark