USA: Allergen Alert: Sweet Candy
Fortuner's Food Co., is recalling 400 packages of Sweet Candy because the product contains undeclared sulfites.People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or of life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.Product was distributed in the New York City area.Sweet Candy is distributed in a 5 oz. plastic bag.The recall was initiated after it was discovered that the product contained sulfites and was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of sulfites. The consumption of 10 milligrams of sulfites per serving has been reported to elicit severe reactions in some people. Anaphylactic shock can occur in certain sulfite sensitive individuals upon ingesting 10 milligrams or more of sulfites. Analysis of the Sweet Candy revealed that it contained 48.4 milligrams per serving.Establishments who have purchased 5 oz. packages of Sweet Candy can return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 718-386-8581.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs