USA: Swift & Co posts 57% rise in Q1 net income
US meat processor Swift & Company has reported a rise in first-quarter net income, driven by solid performances by its US beef and pork units. The company posted net income of US$34.7m, for the first quarter to 24 August, a 57% increase over the year-ago period. The company's net sales rose 16% to $2.48bn, while first-quarter earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) rose 87% to $95.2m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth