USA: Swift & Co posts 57% rise in Q1 net income
US meat processor Swift & Company has reported a rise in first-quarter net income, driven by solid performances by its US beef and pork units. The company posted net income of US$34.7m, for the first quarter to 24 August, a 57% increase over the year-ago period. The company's net sales rose 16% to $2.48bn, while first-quarter earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) rose 87% to $95.2m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany