USA: Swisslog receives order from Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, has contracted Swisslog, a leading provider of supply chain solutions, to design and implement a new distribution center (DC) concept for cold and frozen groceries. With the first DC near Houston, Texas, Wal-Mart introduces a new generation of DC with a higher level of automation within its Grocery Distribution Network. The DC increases the flexibility in receiving as well as shipping of goods and enhances Wal-Mart's already high customer service. The Wal-Mart contract boosts Swisslog's position as one of the leading providers of distribution solutions in the retail market and enforces its strength as a leading global provider of supply chain solutions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target