USA: Swisslog receives order from Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, has contracted Swisslog, a leading provider of supply chain solutions, to design and implement a new distribution center (DC) concept for cold and frozen groceries. With the first DC near Houston, Texas, Wal-Mart introduces a new generation of DC with a higher level of automation within its Grocery Distribution Network. The DC increases the flexibility in receiving as well as shipping of goods and enhances Wal-Mart's already high customer service. The Wal-Mart contract boosts Swisslog's position as one of the leading providers of distribution solutions in the retail market and enforces its strength as a leading global provider of supply chain solutions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses