USA: Swisslog receives order from Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, has contracted Swisslog, a leading provider of supply chain solutions, to design and implement a new distribution center (DC) concept for cold and frozen groceries. With the first DC near Houston, Texas, Wal-Mart introduces a new generation of DC with a higher level of automation within its Grocery Distribution Network. The DC increases the flexibility in receiving as well as shipping of goods and enhances Wal-Mart's already high customer service. The Wal-Mart contract boosts Swisslog's position as one of the leading providers of distribution solutions in the retail market and enforces its strength as a leading global provider of supply chain solutions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry