EUROPE: Switzerland remains leader in chocolate consumption
Chocolate consumption in Switzerland is 10.55kg per capita per year, according to a survey carried out for the European Chocolate Show.
Annual chocolate consumption in Austria and Norway stands at 9.58kg per capita, while in Germany it is 8.15kg per capita. The UK's annual chocolate consumption is 7.78kg per capita, Belgium's is 5.3kg and France's is 4.86kg per capita, reported the Swiss News Digest.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs