EUROPE: Switzerland remains leader in chocolate consumption
Chocolate consumption in Switzerland is 10.55kg per capita per year, according to a survey carried out for the European Chocolate Show. Annual chocolate consumption in Austria and Norway stands at 9.58kg per capita, while in Germany it is 8.15kg per capita. The UK's annual chocolate consumption is 7.78kg per capita, Belgium's is 5.3kg and France's is 4.86kg per capita, reported the Swiss News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry