EUROPE: Switzerland remains leader in chocolate consumption
Chocolate consumption in Switzerland is 10.55kg per capita per year, according to a survey carried out for the European Chocolate Show. Annual chocolate consumption in Austria and Norway stands at 9.58kg per capita, while in Germany it is 8.15kg per capita. The UK's annual chocolate consumption is 7.78kg per capita, Belgium's is 5.3kg and France's is 4.86kg per capita, reported the Swiss News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses