CANADA: SWP blames weather for poor Q3
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP), Canada's largest publicly traded agri-business cooperative, has blamed severe drought last summer and prolonged dryness through the spring period this year for dramatic drops in its Q3 2002 results. EBITDA for the Q3 was C$2.7m (US$1.74m) compared to C$26.2m in the previous year. Year-to-date EBITDA was C$37.4m compared to C$80.1m a year earlier. Drought conditions throughout western Canada have persisted since the summer of 2001, particularly in Saskatchewan, resulting in an EBITDA decline of approximately C$30m. In addition, there was a year-over-year net reduction of about C$13m in EBITDA from businesses that have been sold as part of SWP's divestiture programme. These results overshadowed success in reducing costs and continued strong results generated by Can-Oat Milling and Prairie Malt Limited.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review