CANADA: SWP reports Q4 profits of C$5.1m
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool today [Friday] announced a profit for the fourth quarter ended 31 July of C$5.1m (US$3.3m), prior to provisions. This compares to earnings of $9.3m in the fourth quarter of last year, the group said. The Pool sold its interest in an oilseed processor in the fourth quarter and recorded a provision related to staff reductions and country closures. In addition, the company recorded a provision of C$24.6m associated with its joint venture port terminal in Manzanillo, Mexico. Since opening in June of 1999, market conditions have deteriorated and the terminal's performance has not met expectations. As a result, the Pool recorded the provision to reflect the company's best estimate of the impairment of value of its investment and other related costs. After accounting for all one-time items, the net loss for the quarter was $41.1m compared to a net loss of $10.1m last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review