CANADA: SWP to generate C$59m through sale of CanAmera Foods stake
Regina, Saskatchewan-based agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) intends to sell its interest in CanAmera Foods, an oilseed crushing, refining and packaging operation, in which it holds 33.3%. SWP and Agricore United, who together hold 50%, have signed a binding letter of agreement with the remaining partner, Central Soya of Canada Ltd. that will result in Central Soya becoming the sole owner. The disposition is expected to generate proceeds of about C$59m (US$37m) for SWP.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units