CANADA: SWP to generate C$59m through sale of CanAmera Foods stake
Regina, Saskatchewan-based agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) intends to sell its interest in CanAmera Foods, an oilseed crushing, refining and packaging operation, in which it holds 33.3%. SWP and Agricore United, who together hold 50%, have signed a binding letter of agreement with the remaining partner, Central Soya of Canada Ltd. that will result in Central Soya becoming the sole owner. The disposition is expected to generate proceeds of about C$59m (US$37m) for SWP.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations