CANADA: SWP urges government to act on Task Force recommendations
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) has said that it welcomes the interim report of the Prime Minister's Task Force on Future Opportunities in Farming, and encouraged the government to act quickly on key recommendations that will enhance the competitiveness of the industry in the near term. "The interim report includes many recommendations that will strengthen the entire agriculture industry," says SWP president Marvin Wiens. "Prairie producers continue to face reduced farm incomes because of high levels of US and European subsidisation and adverse weather conditions. We encourage the Federal Government to take immediate action on some of the more critical recommendations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix