CANADA: SWP urges government to act on Task Force recommendations
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) has said that it welcomes the interim report of the Prime Minister's Task Force on Future Opportunities in Farming, and encouraged the government to act quickly on key recommendations that will enhance the competitiveness of the industry in the near term. "The interim report includes many recommendations that will strengthen the entire agriculture industry," says SWP president Marvin Wiens. "Prairie producers continue to face reduced farm incomes because of high levels of US and European subsidisation and adverse weather conditions. We encourage the Federal Government to take immediate action on some of the more critical recommendations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group