CANADA: SWP's Q2 delivers solid performance on priorities
Regina, Saskatchewan-based agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) reported positive performance during its Q2 in terms of meeting its priorities of strengthening its balance sheet and maximising core operations. SWP's focus on debt reduction has resulted in a C$157m (US$98.4m) decline in debt at 31 January 2002 compared to 31 January 2001. In addition, a continued emphasis on driving efficiencies through its network of modern grain-handling and agri-products marketing facilities has resulted in higher quarterly volumes, year-over-year market share growth and a reduction in core operating costs of C$19m in the first six months of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife