CANADA: SWP's Q2 delivers solid performance on priorities
Regina, Saskatchewan-based agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) reported positive performance during its Q2 in terms of meeting its priorities of strengthening its balance sheet and maximising core operations. SWP's focus on debt reduction has resulted in a C$157m (US$98.4m) decline in debt at 31 January 2002 compared to 31 January 2001. In addition, a continued emphasis on driving efficiencies through its network of modern grain-handling and agri-products marketing facilities has resulted in higher quarterly volumes, year-over-year market share growth and a reduction in core operating costs of C$19m in the first six months of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations