CANADA: SWP's Q2 delivers solid performance on priorities
Regina, Saskatchewan-based agribusiness cooperative Saskatchewan Wheat Pool (SWP) reported positive performance during its Q2 in terms of meeting its priorities of strengthening its balance sheet and maximising core operations. SWP's focus on debt reduction has resulted in a C$157m (US$98.4m) decline in debt at 31 January 2002 compared to 31 January 2001. In addition, a continued emphasis on driving efficiencies through its network of modern grain-handling and agri-products marketing facilities has resulted in higher quarterly volumes, year-over-year market share growth and a reduction in core operating costs of C$19m in the first six months of this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK