UK/US: Symington's to make Campbell's-branded soups, meals
Campbell Soup Co. has asked UK firm Symington's to make dry soups, pasta and rice meals for the business in the UK
A range of products, including Cup Soups, Savoury Rice and Savoury Pasta will be launched this month.
The deal is Campbell's first significant move in the UK since it sold its businesses in the market to Premier Foods plc in 2006.
John Sechi, president of Campbell's business in Greater Europe, said the company was "excited" to have Symington's as a partner in the UK.
"They have strong customer relationships and share our heritage and commitment to producing top quality foods that delight consumers," Sechi said.
Symington's makes a range of ambient products under licence and through private-label agreements. The company is owned by buy-out house Hermes Private Equity.
CEO David Salkeld said: “Campbell's is a great brand and one that is widely recognized in the UK. It's a trusted name that is loved by consumers for consistently delivering quality products that are convenient and easy to prepare."
Casino's anger towards the Diniz Group intensified this week as it became clear that its fellow shareholder in CBD had been in talks to merge the Brazilian retailer with the local operations of Carref...
This week Whole Foods outlined its ambitions for some 1,000 stores in the US, while ConAgra kept its sights firmly on acquiring Ralcorp. just-food spoke to Tyrrells new international marketing manager...
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report