US: Synder's-Lance unveils "premium" sandwich cracker
US snack maker Snyder's-Lance has launched Cracker Creations in its domestic market, a product it has dubbed a "premium" sandwich cracker.
Cracker Creations is available in two varieties - Garden Vegetable and Parmesan Herb - and will be packaged in twin packs - with six packs per box. The products retail at US$2.99.
"Our research revealed that consumers are looking for a premium snacking option that will excite their taste buds while keeping them full between meals," said senior brand manager Alvaro Trinidad.
"By baking the vegetables, cheese and herb flavors right into the cracker, Cracker Creations fills the gap for adults who want a sensible, fresh and all-natural snack."
Snyder's-Lance has admitted its annual profits are set to miss the US snack maker's previous expectations as commodity costs hit margins from the company's own-label products....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China