SWITZERLAND/USA: Syngenta unveils Rice Genome map
Switzerland's Syngenta has announced that it has completed the Rice Genome Map in collaboration with Myriad Genetics Inc of the US, the first time the genetic profile of a crop has been unveiled. In addition to finding the DNA sequence of virtually every gene, Syngenta has undertaken an analysis of gene expression and of rice proteins. Because rice is a model for other cereals, the knowledge from this genome map may lead to opportunities for enhanced food crops like wheat, corn and barley.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units