USA: SYSCO announces executive appointments at its specialty produce subsidiary, FreshPoint, Inc.
SYSCO Corporation (NYSE: SYY), North America's largest foodservice marketer and distributor, today announced the following executive promotions for FreshPoint, Inc., the company's specialty produce subsidiary. Richard J. Schnieders, president and chief operating officer of SYSCO, said all appointments are effective immediately.Mitt Parker Named Chairman of FreshPoint, Inc. and Continues as Senior Vice President of SYSCO Corporation and Chief Executive Officer of FreshPoint, Inc.Mr. Parker, 50, began his career in the produce industry in 1970 at C.L Fain Company in Atlanta, Georgia and in 1975 he founded his own produce business, Mitt Parker Company, in Atlanta. In 1988 he sold the company to Albert Fisher, LTD and served as president of the operation until 1992 when he was promoted to vice president of the Eastern Region for Albert Fisher North America. Mr. Parker was named president and chief executive officer of FreshPoint in 1996 after the company was purchased from Albert Fisher through a management buyout, and he continued in that role and became senior vice president of SYSCO Corporation following SYSCO's acquisition of FreshPoint in March of this year. Mr. Parker, who has two grown daughters, resides in Houston with his wife Crystal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report