USA: SYSCO announces executive appointments at its specialty produce subsidiary, FreshPoint, Inc.
SYSCO Corporation (NYSE: SYY), North America's largest foodservice marketer and distributor, today announced the following executive promotions for FreshPoint, Inc., the company's specialty produce subsidiary. Richard J. Schnieders, president and chief operating officer of SYSCO, said all appointments are effective immediately.Mitt Parker Named Chairman of FreshPoint, Inc. and Continues as Senior Vice President of SYSCO Corporation and Chief Executive Officer of FreshPoint, Inc.Mr. Parker, 50, began his career in the produce industry in 1970 at C.L Fain Company in Atlanta, Georgia and in 1975 he founded his own produce business, Mitt Parker Company, in Atlanta. In 1988 he sold the company to Albert Fisher, LTD and served as president of the operation until 1992 when he was promoted to vice president of the Eastern Region for Albert Fisher North America. Mr. Parker was named president and chief executive officer of FreshPoint in 1996 after the company was purchased from Albert Fisher through a management buyout, and he continued in that role and became senior vice president of SYSCO Corporation following SYSCO's acquisition of FreshPoint in March of this year. Mr. Parker, who has two grown daughters, resides in Houston with his wife Crystal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO