USA: Sysco appoints Schnieders chairman and CEO
Houston-based SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice marketing and distribution organisation in the US, has announced that Richard J. Schnieders, currently president and COO of the company, has been elected chairman and CEO effective 1 January 2003. Schnieders will succeed Charles H. Cotros, who is retiring from the company on 31 December 2002, after a 43-year career in the foodservice distribution industry, including 28 years with SYSCO in various management and executive positions. Schnieders' election is in accordance with the company's planned succession of management.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife