USA: Sysco appoints Schnieders chairman and CEO
Houston-based SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice marketing and distribution organisation in the US, has announced that Richard J. Schnieders, currently president and COO of the company, has been elected chairman and CEO effective 1 January 2003. Schnieders will succeed Charles H. Cotros, who is retiring from the company on 31 December 2002, after a 43-year career in the foodservice distribution industry, including 28 years with SYSCO in various management and executive positions. Schnieders' election is in accordance with the company's planned succession of management.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat