USA: Sysco Corp buys Robert's Foods
US foodservice company Sysco Corp has announced that it has acquired Robert's Foods, a broadline foodservice distributor located in Springfield, Illinois.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Founded in 1916, Robert's Foods operates from a 58,000-square-foot distribution facility and employs approximately 85 associates.
Sysco said Robbie Robert, grandson of founder Henry Robert, will continue to serve as president and chief executive officer of the company, which distributes food items and related foodservice supplies to customers throughout central Illinois and parts of Indiana, Missouri and Wisconsin.
"This acquisition provides a strategic fit with our broadline growth efforts in central Illinois," said Richard Schnieders, Sysco's chairman and chief executive officer.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK