USA: Sysco Corp buys Robert's Foods
US foodservice company Sysco Corp has announced that it has acquired Robert's Foods, a broadline foodservice distributor located in Springfield, Illinois.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Founded in 1916, Robert's Foods operates from a 58,000-square-foot distribution facility and employs approximately 85 associates.
Sysco said Robbie Robert, grandson of founder Henry Robert, will continue to serve as president and chief executive officer of the company, which distributes food items and related foodservice supplies to customers throughout central Illinois and parts of Indiana, Missouri and Wisconsin.
"This acquisition provides a strategic fit with our broadline growth efforts in central Illinois," said Richard Schnieders, Sysco's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report