USA: Sysco Corp buys Robert's Foods
US foodservice company Sysco Corp has announced that it has acquired Robert's Foods, a broadline foodservice distributor located in Springfield, Illinois.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Founded in 1916, Robert's Foods operates from a 58,000-square-foot distribution facility and employs approximately 85 associates.
Sysco said Robbie Robert, grandson of founder Henry Robert, will continue to serve as president and chief executive officer of the company, which distributes food items and related foodservice supplies to customers throughout central Illinois and parts of Indiana, Missouri and Wisconsin.
"This acquisition provides a strategic fit with our broadline growth efforts in central Illinois," said Richard Schnieders, Sysco's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips