USA: Sysco Corp buys Robert's Foods
US foodservice company Sysco Corp has announced that it has acquired Robert's Foods, a broadline foodservice distributor located in Springfield, Illinois.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Founded in 1916, Robert's Foods operates from a 58,000-square-foot distribution facility and employs approximately 85 associates.
Sysco said Robbie Robert, grandson of founder Henry Robert, will continue to serve as president and chief executive officer of the company, which distributes food items and related foodservice supplies to customers throughout central Illinois and parts of Indiana, Missouri and Wisconsin.
"This acquisition provides a strategic fit with our broadline growth efforts in central Illinois," said Richard Schnieders, Sysco's chairman and chief executive officer.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch