USA: SYSCO leverages 13% sales growth to 40% earnings per share increase
SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY), North America's largest foodservice marketer and distributor, yesterday announced a 40 percent increase in earnings per diluted share to $0.21 for the fiscal 2001 third quarter ended March 31, 2001. This compares to $0.15 per diluted share for the same period last year. Sales for the quarter rose 13.2 percent to $5.3 billion, compared to the $4.7 billion reported for the third quarter of fiscal 2000. Net earnings of $139.4 million represented a gain of 37 percent over last year's third quarter net earnings of $102.0 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020