USA: SYSCO leverages 13% sales growth to 40% earnings per share increase
SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY), North America's largest foodservice marketer and distributor, yesterday announced a 40 percent increase in earnings per diluted share to $0.21 for the fiscal 2001 third quarter ended March 31, 2001. This compares to $0.15 per diluted share for the same period last year. Sales for the quarter rose 13.2 percent to $5.3 billion, compared to the $4.7 billion reported for the third quarter of fiscal 2000. Net earnings of $139.4 million represented a gain of 37 percent over last year's third quarter net earnings of $102.0 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant