USA: Sysco posts 18% rise in Q4 net income
US food products company Sysco Corp has posted an 18% rise in fourth-quarter net income, beating analysts' expectations, helped by rising food and food product prices. The food service distribution firm posted net income of US$242.7m, or 37 cents a share, compared with $205.9m, or 31 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts had forecast earnings of 35 cents a share, reported Dow Jones Business News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife