USA: Sysco posts 18% rise in Q4 net income
US food products company Sysco Corp has posted an 18% rise in fourth-quarter net income, beating analysts' expectations, helped by rising food and food product prices. The food service distribution firm posted net income of US$242.7m, or 37 cents a share, compared with $205.9m, or 31 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts had forecast earnings of 35 cents a share, reported Dow Jones Business News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action